Sunday, April 11, 2010

Ballroom Track


The Ballroom track runs between the Mt Buffalo Rd and the Reservoir track on Mt Buffalo.
The track is only 1km long but finishes quite some distance from the start so a lift is required. I found myself in the position of having a convenient lift so I took the opportunity to walk this track.
The first 300m or so of the track is within re-growth from the 2003? Alpine Fires. After the re-growth the track opens out in to older bush. The track (I assume) was originally a jeep track as the cut marks can still be seen in the older sections of the bush.
I was lucky enough to disturb two Lyre Birds, they took off into the bush making quite a racket.
The track finished with a rock hop across Crystal Brook. The junction of the two tracks is not well marked on Reservoir road.




No comments:

Post a Comment